Are you familiar with the term “sticky statements”? If like me, it had you scratching your head, perplexed, then you’ve come to the right place.
A sticky statement is a memorable sentence that transforms a person’s thoughts, actions, and/or beliefs.
Today our very own, Jean Wise, expounded on what Sticky Statements are, and how they can transform our writing.
Experience the transformation on the replay!
We discussed how picking just the right words or phrasing can make all the difference in developing the perfect sticky statement. Be it on your logo, the title of your book, or a meme you create, the right statement can make a tremendous impact on your platform.
Here’s some great sources shared in the live chat to help you develop your own Sticky Statements!
- Sticky Statements A free video teaching by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide To Character Expression by Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi
- Made to Stick by Chip & Dan Heath
- Patricia Fripp’s talk on Verbs Matter–The Right Verbs Make Your Presentation Powerful
- The Flip Dictionary
- The New Oxford Rhyming Dictionary
- Words that Sell by Richard Bayan
- Word Painting by Rebecca McClanahan
- If you want to study words closer to get their original meanings and more, check out the Online Etymology Dictionary.