In this episode of Writers Chat, we had the privilege to hear from children’s nonfiction author, Annette Whipple. Her vision is to inspire a sense of wonder in children through her educational works.
Annette shared tips for breaking into the children’s nonfiction market and more! We also had a surprise visit from bestselling children’s author Michelle Medlock Adams, who offered additional ideas for children’s writers.
Check out the replay!
Here’s some helpful resources shared in our live chat to guide you in writing for the children’s market:
- Writing for the Educational Market by Laura Purdie Salas
- Carson Dellosa Publishing Group puts out nonfiction for children.
- The Children’s Writers Word Book by Alijandra Mogilner
- NF4NF: Writing Nonfiction for Kids is a great place to connect on Facebook.
- Sell Books and Get Paid doing Author School Visits: How to find schools that Host authors, how to plan and what to charge by Kim Norman
- Michelle Medlock Adams has some great classes on writing for children on Serious Writer Academy. Keep checking back with Serious Writer. Wendy Lanier will have two classes on writing nonfiction and writing for the educational market coming soon!
- Institute of Children’s Literature is the place to go to learn how to write for children.