Hello! As you might’ve guessed, I’m M.N. Stroh and I’m a writer.
But, I’ve garnered other hats recently. I also serve as Director of Communications for Writers Chat, a weekly talk show affiliated with Serious Writer Inc. and Almost an Author. I’m also director of the Serious Writer Book Club.
Living in remote, northeastern Wyoming, I value networking with other writers and am a proud member of Christian Writers Group International and the Jerry Jenkins Writers Guild. Apart from time spent in these communities, I’m creating my historical fiction series: Tale of the Clans.
One day I hope to introduce you to the characters and stories I’ve come to love.
But I must be realistic with you. The road to traditional publication is long, especially for someone writing Historical Fiction in a unique era.
If you’re a writer, you might understand that road. Maybe you’re walking it now. So bearing that in mind, I also want to offer help along the way.
For history buffs, I offer insight into Viking Era Ireland.
You’ll find posts dedicated to historical factoids and research resources. And because I value convenience (not to mention a user-friendly site), here’s a shortcut to my Research page where you can peruse only the posts dedicated to that end…No hunting required.
For fellow writers, you get weekly posts linking to Writers Chat, a live talk show through Zoom, hosted by Bethany Jett, Johnnie Alexander, and Jean Wise.
Writers Chat airs live through Zoom, (an easy to download app.) each Tuesday at 11 AM Eastern.
Here at mnstroh.com, you’ll get links to replays of each week’s show, plus extras discussed only in the live chat feed during showtime.
If you want to be a part of the live event, click our Zoom link at the appropriate day and time: http://zoom.us/j/4074198133
To receive notices of our upcoming shows join our Writers Chat Members page on Facebook. There you’ll find the Zoom link along with info on our latest topics and guest speakers.
If you’re new to Writers Chat, here’s some helpful info:
- Writers Chat is a Christian Faith based talk show, though our topics apply to all writers in both Christian and general market. You’re welcome to join us regardless of personal beliefs. We only ask that you conduct yourself in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Writers Chat lasts an hour, but we stay on fifteen minutes longer for the unofficial (and unrecorded) “after-party.”
- During most of the recorded portion, only the guest and the hosts are visible. If you’re new to the Zoom app, then you’ll wish to download it and familiarize yourself with its settings prior to joining. Guests are asked to “hide” during the recorded portion by shutting off their mic and video feeds.
- Towards the end of the hour, we invite everyone to “un-hide” and join in the conversation.
- Zoom includes a chat sidebar where we interact with one another during the program. The hosts monitor the chat to be sure we answer questions and respond to comments.
- The recorded chat is posted on our Writers Chat Facebook page, Serious Writer Facebook page, Seriou Writer Inc. YouTube channel, and on Almost An Author.
Because I value transparency, I also share my personal journey, as a source of encouragement.
Writing, by nature is a lonely pursuit. So knowing you don’t travel that road alone is huge! It’s my sincere hope that the glimpses into my journey through A Day in the Life will give you a boost down your own path to publication.
- M.N. stands for Melissa Nichole. The decision to go by M.N. was made in part because initials hold an air of mystery. I mean come on! Can you honestly read initials and not wonder what those little letters stand for?
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy hold a special place in my heart. My husband and I are diligently raising the next Trekkie, Star Wars, Tolkien, Marvel loving generation. Narnia’s in there too. Hey! I do what I want.
- Living the rural ranch life in Wyoming comes with all sorts of perks. It’s not just about cattle. No sir! We’re bona fide chicken and rabbit wranglers too!